Liberty Village Toronto | Your Online Neighbourhood Guide

The Blog

Winterlicious2 Liberty Village 2018

Subscribe to our eNewsletter!

Join our popular eNewsletter list. Receive monthly updates on all the fun stuff happening in Liberty Village, Toronto's best neighbourhood.

Winter can be a long and cold season for us Torontonians. People are much less inclined and motivated during the colder months to get out and explore as frequently as they do in the summer. But one of the highlights of a Toronto winter is the city’s Winterlicious event. For 2018, It runs from January 26th to February 8th. Reservations begin on January 11th. Be sure to check out our two Liberty Village participating restaurants and adventure out to other parts of the city too!

What is Winterlicious?

Winterlicious is a food festival supporting the local restaurant industry and economy. It is entering its 16th year. Originating in 2003 after the city was hit hard with a huge decline due to the outbreak of SARS, it was created to help promote restaurants and the hospitality industry. During its first season, it had 35 participating restaurants. Fast forward to 2018 and there are more than 200 restaurants participating. The city of Toronto targets the culinary event to adults aged 25-44, and the target geographical clientele base is 90% local and the remaining 10% to the rest of the GTA (statistics from the City of Toronto).

Mildred’s Temple Kitchen

Dine in one of the city’s most beautiful spaces here in Liberty Village, Mildred’s Temple Kitchen. Photo credit to Mildred’s Temple Kitchen.


Participating in the dinner portion of the event, Mildred’s Temple Kitchen will be offering up a $33 per person option. The three course dinner has options for both meat lovers and vegetarians. Guests will have the option of choosing one of the following three appetizers: Lobster Bisque, Fennel and Endive Salad or a Potted Chicken Liver Parfait. Main course options consist of: Duck and Waffles, Bourride, Braised Beef Cheek or Buttercup Squash Mashup. The meal concludes with a choice of one of the desserts which are:  Mildred’s Famous Profiteroles, Mayan Spiced Chocolate Crème Brûlée or Buttery Bread Pudding. While guests are dining, they will also enjoy the beautiful atmosphere and experience the great service that Mildred’s has become known for.

Liberty Commons

Take a seat and enjoy a delicious meal at Liberty Commons. Photo credit to Meg Marshall.

Shake up things at the office, and book a Winterlicious team lunch at Liberty Commons. Whether it’s lunch or dinner, they have something for everyone including vegetarians. The lunch option will cost guests $23 per person and the dinner will cost guests $33 each. Similar menu options are available for both meals for the appetizer. Additional choices are added to the dinner’s main. Some of the appetizer choices include: Celery Root and Apple Soup, Pulled and Potted BBQ Tamworth Pork and the Uncommon Waldorf Salad. Be excited for the mains, as options include: BBQ Brisket Meat Pie, West Country Beef Stew, Saskatoon Lentil Dal and Chicken and Grits. Finish off the meal with one of three dessert choices: Jam Roly Poly, Beer-Amisu or Apple Crumble Cone. Liberty Commons is a neighbourhood favourite!

We hope everyone is excited about Winterlicious and look forward to some delicious dining experiences. Remember that the culinary event takes place from January 26th and wraps up on February 8th. Bon appetite!

Meg Marshall

A city gal at heart but with a soft spot for the country. If not out shopping for the next coveted fashion piece or checking out one of Toronto's delicious eateries, Meg can be found riding her horses.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.