The annual NOW Reader’s Choice Best of Toronto Awards is open for voting. Our Liberty Village nominated businesses, organizations and individuals need our support. We have to act fast because voting closes this Friday, September 16th. Winners will be announced in the NOW Toronto November issue.
What is Now Toronto?
NOW Toronto is a locally based publication located in the heart of downtown, curating and sharing unique and rich local content. It is a weekly and free newspaper that releases its fresh content every Thursday at authorized distributors and news agent. NOW also has a strong online and social presence with a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google Plus presence.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter!
Join our popular eNewsletter list. Receive monthly updates on all the fun stuff happening in Liberty Village, Toronto's best neighbourhood.
The Reader’s Choice Awards were created over 20 years ago to promote the NOW community and the all of the amazing businesses in our city. There is a great representation of various industries and individuals with over 180 categories to choose from. New to 2016, are categories including Best Blogger, Best Instagram Account, Best Burger, and Best Podcast.
Now Let’s Get Voting!
Here are the Liberty Village nominees listed below (click on the link and scroll down to the correct category)
- Best City Councillor – Mike Layton and Gord Perks
- Best Radio Personality – Laura Fernandez for Jazz 91.1 and Raina Douris for Indie88
- Best Car Share Service – Car2Go and Enterprise
- Best Furniture Store – Structube and EQ3
- Best Gym/Fitness Club – Goodlife Fitness
- Best Falafel – Paramount
- Best Internet Provider – Beanfield
- Best Radio Station – Indie88 and Jazz FM 91and Classical 96.3
- Best Beer Selection – The Craft Brasserie
- Best Chocolate – The Golden Apple
- Best Butcher – Bespoke
- Best Middle Eastern Restaurant – Paramount
- Best Poutine – Smoke’s Poutinerie
- Best Vegan Restaurant – Live Organic Raw
The Nominating Process
Nominations open in April (the 2017 dates has not been determined or announced yet. It is approximately a two month window that businesses can self enter or be kindly nominated by someone else through a dedicated section on the NOW website. Voting begins in June and runs through until mid September. Mark it in your calendars and be sure to nominate your favourites next year!