Earlier this fall, we wrote about the NOW Reader’s Choice Best of Toronto. Winning businesses were publicly announced in the November issue of the magazine. People were able to vote from June until September. Prior to that, a two month nomination period was open so businesses could self nominate or be recommended by others. Lucky for us, some Liberty Village businesses either won or were the runner ups. Take a moment and congratulate those businesses and shop local when possible.
See the Results
(listed in alphabetical order by category)
Subscribe to our eNewsletter!
Join our popular eNewsletter list. Receive monthly updates on all the fun stuff happening in Liberty Village, Toronto's best neighbourhood.
- Best Bulk Food
- Winner – Bulk Barn – located at 171 E Liberty St
- Best Car Share Service
- Winner – Zipcar
- Best City Councillor
- Runner Up – Mike Layton
- Best Furniture Store
- Runner Up – Structube – located at 1112 King St W
- Best Gym
- Winner – Goodlife Fitness – located at 85 Hanna Ave Suite 200
- Best Middle Eastern Restaurant
- Runner Up – Paramount Fine Foods – located at 165 E Liberty St
- Best Pet Store
- Runner Up – Pet Valu – located at 1176 King St W
- Best Poutinerie
- Runner Up – Smoke’s Poutinerie – located at 16 Atlantic Ave
- Best Radio Personality
- Runner Up – Laura Fernandez from Jazz FM
- Best Radio Station
- Best Roti
- Runner Up – Island Foods – located at 1182 King St W
The Now Reader’s Choice Best of Toronto Awards have been recognizing outstanding businesses for over 20 years. When the voting opens up for the 2017 nomination period, show your support and be sure to submit your favourite Liberty Village businesses.